Every year, the church I attend does a thing called shoe the kids. I've been going for 3 or 4 years or so. Every year its a great experience, I get to meet new people, pray with people, and see some awesome smiles on kids faces. I went into this year expecting the same thing, I never expected to be blown away by one little boy.
His name was Josiah.
He is in kindergarden.
As I was sitting in my chair waiting for my next kiddo to come up, I wasn't thinking about much, just questions I could ask to stir up conversation really. He approached shyly, dragging his feet, and plopping himself into the chair in front of me. I asked him a few questions like his name, grade, favorite animal, he answered all quietly and without very much excitement. I then asked him if he knew why he was there that day. He said not really.
I told him that he was going to be getting some new shoes. He perked up a little and looked me in the eyes and smiled a little. I then asked him if I could was his feet. He said, "my feet our dirty and gross, you don't wanna touch them." I can't get over how down this innocent little boy was, he was so beautiful, so precious. After he said their gross and dirty, I told him that the dirt on his feet didn't matter. I told him he is loved not only by the people around him right then, but by the God of the universe. As soon as God used me to speak those few words to this little boy named Josiah, he perked up completely and had a huge smile across his face. When he saw the shoes that he was going to receive, he started yelling" MOM MOM look at these awesome shoes!!!!! After putting the shoes on him, he gave me a hug and left. He came in dragging his feet, but he left running as quick as he could through the grass. To see him laughing and smiling ear to ear after receiving a pair of shoes, when I have 10 at least at home hit me hard. And how God used me to say a few words that people take for granted so often, brought tears to my eyes. Josiah you are loved.
I was humbled by this little boy who thought he wasn't good enough to get some new shoes. He encouraged me to run with everything I got through this life. Josiah will not be forgotten. and I pray that he remembers that he is loved.
Awesome Ashley! Great story of how you touched this little boy's life!
ReplyDeleteThx for sharing! U r awesome!
ReplyDeletethanks guys
ReplyDelete