
"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
After finishing my first year of college and being away from home for a year, I expected to come home and have a crazy summer! A summer hanging with all my friends. Being asked to hang out everyday. Going on a lot of road trips. I personally love to hang out with friends, to be invited to do things, to be adventurous and outgoing, you might even say I yearn for it. Well after being home for a week, I realized that my summer was not going to be like that at all.
I've always read this verse and heard people talk about it, and "tried" to act it out in my life, but my trying of it before this summer was pathetic in all honesty. The same week I realized that my summer wasn't going to be full of crazy late nights and constantly doing something with friends, I read this verse again. Thats when God opened my eyes that this summer was going to be about being still and realizing how great and amazing our God is, that I was going to learn and remember how God has impacted my life in even the smallest ways I don't pay attention to or give thanks to Him for.
I struggled with this A LOT in the beginning. It seemed like as soon as I realized what God was calling me to for this summer, people started asking me to hang out and do things at the exact same time. I can't tell you how many countless times I wanted to go do things and be out late and spend money when God was telling me No, be still and know who I am.
Through learning to be still ,because trust me it takes time to learn and adapt to being still in this world that we live in, I have grown more and more and more in love with God, and at the same time I have felt His love like I have never felt it before. Through being still I have had more time to spend with my family, which honestly in the past I haven't been that good at. I have spent tons of days with my little sister Rachael, Mom, and Dad and I now realize that through being still God has been bonding and strengthening our family. Do we still get in fights and argue and mess up , YES everyday, but I know that we are closer then we have ever been before. Through being still God has healed me of many hurts. He has strengthened me in many aspects of life. He has opened my eyes to how precious prayer is and how intimate it is.
This summer I haven't hung with people a ton, yes I have done some fun things, but this summer I grew in God, I have been still and will continue to be to know our God better. I have a trust and love for God that has elevated and I know that through time, prayer, serving, experiences, and dying to myself and putting other first I will grow more and more and I can't wait to see where God leads me in this amazing journey with Him.
"BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."- PSALM 46:10
No comments:
Post a Comment