Wednesday, May 18, 2011

December 4th, Passion, and Engage




God has been calling me to and doing some amazing things in my life since I last blogged. I have blogged many times about my family at St. Martins and about the impact they have had on my life, which is impossible to completely portray in words. God called me to do something for them, while at the same time ensuring that none of the glory went to me. It wasn't about the people seeing me doing this for them, it was all about them feeling and seeing God through the actions of the event and the people who helped out with it. As I began praying for the event, I knew what I was called to do, it was to collect 100 coloring books and 100 boxes of crayons, but God completely blew it out of my expectations and into what He wanted it to be. By the end of collecting everything, God had brought in over 300 books and coloring books, over 200 boxes of crayons, and over 30 toys. He also called another friend, Abby Floyd, to use her passion and talent for photography to show His love to these people who are often forgotten. Needless to say, everything fell into place perfectly. The volunteers, the desserts, the presents, the photography, God was in control and He moved on that day in inner city Marion. The smiles from the people who come in and are usually quiet and solemn, the giggles from the children that were heard throughout St. Martin Community Center, and the love that each and every volunteer showed the people made every hour of sleep that was lost, every tear cried, and prayer prayed so worth it. I know God was present that day, I know He touched lives, and I know He will continue to move in this place that God has called me to. I am forever changed by the people of St.Martin and know God still has things in store for the people there and for my calling there. Thank you again to everyone who helped out at this event, without you it wouldn't have been possible, whether that was wrapping presents, signing people in, taking pictures, handing out desserts, handing out presents, handing out candy canes, I truly believe that you furthered God's kingdom that day.

Next up was the Passion Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. My dear friends Audrey and Corey went to this 4 day long conference, not really knowing what to expect, except that God was going to do something big in our lives and through the other lives attending the conference.


Being challenged with every worship session, with every sermon, with every family time session that we encountered, God moved in each of our lives. He set me free from past hurts, he healed my heart of a hurt that had been with me for years. And He set me on fire to carry His name with all that I am. The conference was awesome, but Jesus, Jesus was amazing, outstanding, wonderful, life changing, He left me awestruck and falling more and more in love with Him. At the end of the conference over 20,000 young adults, left Atlanta, Georgia, and returned to our homes. Each of us were forever changed and we all are still Carrying His Name with all that we are.


To wrap up this blog, I'm going to talk about a new ministry that got started. I know I have and many others have been praying for a young adults ministry to get started at White River Christian Church, well after two years of praying and talking to people in the church. God answered our prayers. We have been diving into God's word weekly, growing closer together and becoming a family. We aren't about staying a clique family though, we are here to spread the Gospel and to reach out to the lost, broken, sick, and forgotten. God is doing amazing things so far with each person involved in the group and I can't wait to see where He leads us as we follow Him with everything we are, as we continue to wrestle with God and as He continues to stretch us and grow us. I love each and every person that is involved in Engage so far and can't wait to see who else God brings to the family. Until next time, God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Always encouraging to hear what God's doing in the lives of others!!

    ReplyDelete