Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bring it on.

I don't even know where to start. This semester so far has been so so so challenging, but so so so good at the same time.

The school side of everything has been tiring, hard, and exhausting. When I first handed my syllabus for each class I would have never thought I would make it through the semester. But now almost to the end I have made it so far. God has been with me through every step. I had my first clinical this semester and I have smelt things that I didn't even know existed. I've gone on less than 3 hours of sleep countless times, but through it all I know I am called to be a nurse, and have gained so many encouraging loving friends going through the same thing.

Satan has been doing his best to bring me down all semester. Two weeks ago I had the worst the pain I have ever had, which ended up being a pinched nerve. Of course it was on one of my busiest weeks. I couldn't move, I couldn't get myself dressed, and I couldn't even cry because it hurt to much. Satan attacked quickly and with force, but I soon realized that he didn't have chance, he never has a chance. The friends God has blessed me with here at IWU were amazing, they became my mothers for the week and a half that I was helpless. I can't express how encouraging and loving they were. but Satan wasn't done yet. This week I got the stomach flu, which again laid me out, but God was there to hold me up and He again used my friends here to support and encourage me.

Satan has been attacking at St. Martin as well. Each time I go something seems to happen. Things have been said, things have been done, and things have occurred, which I know satan has been trying to use to scare me away and to discourage me and to stop me from going to St. Martin.

Finally, Satan has been attacking me personally, bringing up past things-- friendships - relationships- etc, stirring up new hurts- loneliness- abandonment- etc and trying to get me caught up in jealousy. But the truth is Satan has nothing on me. He has no power over me unless I give it to him. He has no grip in my life unless I open it up to him and let him dig his claws in, and at times I have let him in-- on multiple occasions. But God reigns over my life, He is in control of it, He guides my thoughts and my actions, and words. Its the times when I try to do it myself, to be strong by myself, to fight against satan by myself. I don't stand a chance that way. But when I put the armor of God on and lean on Him for courage, strength, hope, joy, peace, patience, love-- God, He always comes through 100%.

Through this all I have become comforted, because through every attack by Satan I have been strengthened in Christ. I have learned new lessons. I have grown and continue to grow. So all I have to say is,

Bring it on Satan. You don't stand a chance.

"10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

- Ephesians 6:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment